A couple of hard days’ work and I’ll finally be finished the second draft of my book. Therefore it’s head down, nose to the grindstone and other such mixed metaphors, until the weekend by which time I will celebrate with a glass of bubbly. I’ll be back refreshed and rejuvenated next week with a stack of posts, I promise! In the meantime here are some interesting things I found online to keep you entertained:
- If you’re having trouble sleeping, turn on this site and let it soothe you to sleep. It’s a completely primal experience and very lovely indeed.
- Here’s an interesting article by Simon Doonan on Slate about Marilyn Monroe and the oft quoted opinion that she was fat by today’s standards.
- Thought Catalogue has some really brilliant posts and it’s updated regularly. One of my favourite recent posts was Things You Should Know Before Dating A Writer.
- I’ve always been a fan of tall men with beards – here’s ten reasons why any man should grow a beard!
- Texts from my Dog contains exactly what it says and it’s utterly hilarious.
- Ryan Gosling is pretty ubiquitous these days. Seems like every girl in the world has a crush on him except me! However I do love this tumblr account called “Hey Girl, I Love Vinyl Too” (the title comes from the Ryan Gosling Hey Girl Meme).
Enjoy your week and I’ll see you next Monday.